Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an option to purchase a COMAND 2.5 out of a W220 s-class that has unfortunately been involved in a very serious car accident (all OK). The unit is out of the car, is australian-spec, according to the car owner does not have a tv-tuner, and comprises a metal fascia to which three DIN sized boxes attach to the rear and a screen and buttons in three parts to the front with some ribbon cable.<br>
<br>
I am considering this as I am building up a car at the moment to my own spec (non MB), at the moment the interior is bare metal and the w220 owner has suggested that this would be a nice touch for my car, having ridden in his s-class when it was alive, i can't agree more :). But exactly what else does this thing do, we played cd's, i know it plays tape, and used satnav also....<br>
<br>
Has ANYONE completed this translplant with any degree of success ? if I can get it to work i'd like to retain as much functionality as possible. These guys http://www.megacomm.de/menu/menu_telematik_mb/menu.htm seem to think installing a COMAND 2.0 system would be easier, unfortunaly there isn't one for sale around here at the moment :).<br>
<br>
The owner is willing to sell me the CD stacker also and i can see already it hooks up largely via the fibre optic out on the middle DIN box. <br>
<br>
having done some research on this now there is a data bus (CAN-bus) mb uses between interior devices (i believe there's a separate bus for engine signals), does the COMAND system act as a gateway ? how much of this bus neds to be emulated for the COMAND system to work ?<br>
<br>
also, we can't yet find the amplifier for this thing and are wondering if it's on-board of it signals are put out at line-level and an external amp can be connected. I've heard rumors the amp is digital...... does anyone know the specification of the amp ?<br>
<br>
any idea how much a used tv-tuner goes for ?<br>
<br>
any help appreciated.

·
Registered
ML500
3 Posts
I have a similar situation.

I have been able to power the Unit up, and also get the AM radio to partially to work. But System needs a data cable Between the Radio and the Navigation unit. I have tried making an interface cable, but something is wrong with the diagram I now have.

Yes the Command 2.5 has onboard Power amplifier.

Here is a useful link with Pin-out data. It did not work for me.

http://www.geocities.com/undercontrol12000/Verdrahtung_C2_5/verdrahtung_c2_5.html

Let me know if you find out anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts