Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
If I install original mercedes xenon headlamps into my car, will I be able to use the indicator stalk to get the full and dipped beams (as with the halogens)? Will I be able to flick the indicator stalk to flash my lights etc - is the xenon bulb a double filament bulb?
Thankliest rufutatens,
Darragh

·
Greek God of the R129
8,362 Posts
You will, if you bridge terminal 1+3 on the multiswitch connector.

Regards,
aam.

PS.
I have mentioned the HOW many, too many times. Lol.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi, thanks for the info. Darragh

Regards,
aam.

PS.
Hi, I don't have Adaptive Dampening System if that's relevant? I have never bridged a terminal - I read it on here somewhere - Would you have a link by any chance? Does bridging a terminal mean soldering?
Thanks, Darragh

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did this conversion years ago and the light output is brilliant compared to the dated halogen design. The more modern projector lens is so much more efficient. In the UK to be legal the lights must self level with increased load in the car and they must have headlamp wash. I have wash but not self levelling but I aligned them on a beam setter and they have been fine.

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts

Regards,
aam.

PS.
The same trick should work on standard halogens as well. yes, you will be running both elements so it may reduce life some. But then, I don't drive much at night anyway. But having high and low beam is better than high only. Most dual bulb headlight systems do that as OEM.

It's on my mod list this winter for my euro headlight conversion.

·
Greek God of the R129
8,362 Posts
darrard,
There is no link, as I was the first to post/find the solution....

Remember that we are only talking oem ZENON.

I didn't use solder, I used a heavy 3M connector.
(Didn't want to cut the wires.)

When I was playing/trying to find out.
I used a temporary paper clip.

It got RED hot.
I don't want you to start a fire.

Regards,
aam

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did this conversion years ago and the light output is brilliant compared to the dated halogen design. The more modern projector lens is so much more efficient. In the UK to be legal the lights must self level with increased load in the car and they must have headlamp wash. I have wash but not self levelling but I aligned them on a beam setter and they have been fine.
Hi, thanks for the input. Is the alignment the same as on the halogens - the two plastic screw head adjusters?
D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
darraghodonnell
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing