Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Okay introduction first im a new member from Singapore! I have a W204 and I would like to retrofit comand APS to my W204 and replace the Audio 20. First of all, is the installation hard for someone inexperienced?

Where can I find like a guide?

Factory Fitted comand APS costs 13.1k SGD here so im thinking of importing a set from overseas. Anyone can help me with this?

THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH
Cerano

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
Hi Guys,

Okay introduction first im a new member from Singapore! I have a W204 and I would like to retrofit comand APS to my W204 and replace the Audio 20. First of all, is the installation hard for someone inexperienced?

Where can I find like a guide?

Factory Fitted comand APS costs 13.1k SGD here so im thinking of importing a set from overseas. Anyone can help me with this?

THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH
Cerano
Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest getting familiar with the search tools, you would find a few owners having done the retrofit job, or are almost through. An example thread here:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1413402-retrofit-comand-my-w204-c-class.html

Ebay would be one source for the Comand and the display. I have not seen the axial blower on sale at ebay, your dealer should be able to order that and other parts for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest getting familiar with the search tools, you would find a few owners having done the retrofit job, or are almost through. An example thread here:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1413402-retrofit-comand-my-w204-c-class.html

Ebay would be one source for the Comand and the display. I have not seen the axial blower on sale at ebay, your dealer should be able to order that and other parts for you.
Hello there,

I know but im kinda lost. I cant seem to find a professional who can install the Comand APS except at Cycle and Carriage which is the authorised dealer and (they would probably charge an exorbitant amount for it considering how they charge over 13k for factory fitted).

First of all ,

Can I have a list of parts i need to procure.

Is it just plug and play inside my stock W204 after removing the Audio 20 set?

Does the W204 come with a GPS antennae pre-built?

Wiring is all prefixed right?

Thank you

·
Registered
429 Posts
For parts you can use this link

All the parts needed for a COMAND (MM) retrofit: - MBWorld.org Forums

Also the parts required are listed in the link that DB provided to you.

No it is not plug and play

You need to purchase and install
The retrofit harness
Comand with APS HU
7" Display Monitor
Retrofit GPS antenna and extension cable
Axial blower fan for additional cooling (some are running without this, but they are probably rolling the dice)
Central Vent with Display switch (Optional)
Display to Comand HU cable (optional, you can use the existing cable but you will need to twist its connector around to get it to work)
Nav DVD
other parts here and there

You also need to a dealer and get MOST Ring Reconfiguration and Code Versioning

Not an easy install if you do it correctly - takes time, unless you are already familiar with disassembling the car's instrument panel

good Luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For parts you can use this link

All the parts needed for a COMAND (MM) retrofit: - MBWorld.org Forums

Also the parts required are listed in the link that DB provided to you.

No it is not plug and play

You need to purchase and install
The retrofit harness
Comand with APS HU
7" Display Monitor
Retrofit GPA antenna and extension cable
Axial blower fan for additional cooling (some are running without this, but they are probably rolling the dice)
Central Vent with Display switch (Optional)
Display to Comand HU cable (optional, you can use the existing cable but you will need to twist its connector around to get it to work)
Nav DVD
other parts here and there

You also need to a dealer and get MOST Ring Reconfiguration and Code Versioning

Not an easy install if you do it correctly - takes time, unless you are already familiar with disassembling the car's instrument panel

good Luck

Hello,

Thank you very much

What is this Ring Reconfiguration and Code Versioning?

Is there any pre-existing gps wire?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Your welcome

You will need to retrofit the GPS antenna as per the previous post "Retrofit GPS and extension cable"

MOST Ring reconfiguration and Versioning:
Tech Service needs (should) to reconfigure your car for the new components or it can behave in an unstable manner due to the potential for variant performance of the communication synchronization

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your welcome

You will need to retrofit the GPS antenna as per the previous post "Retrofit GPS and extension cable"

MOST Ring reconfiguration and Versioning:
Tech Service needs (should) to reconfigure your car for the new components or it can behave in an unstable manner due to the potential for variant performance of the communication synchronization
Oh alright thanks then!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cerano, the link DB provided in an earlier post includes a lot of information you probably want to know - please refer to that link and explore.
Hey C7,

I spoke to my workshop today and they said they can handle the installation its easy but theres some coding to be done to activate the comand aps set and they require some kind of SCM code or something along those lines.

They apparently cant activate it without that code and it has to be obtained online and only the authorised dealer in Singapore for MB can get it but the AD refuses to install for cars from other dealers.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey C7,

I spoke to my workshop today and they said they can handle the installation its easy but theres some coding to be done to activate the comand aps set and they require some kind of SCM code or something along those lines.

They apparently cant activate it without that code and it has to be obtained online and only the authorised dealer in Singapore for MB can get it but the AD refuses to install for cars from other dealers.
Cerano; dunno about the code to activate, as mine did not require that, sounds suspicious to me:mad:, since everyone else who have retrofitted the NAV units have only had to get the MOST ring configured and the Code versioning done to get the Comand to report NAV data to the Instrument Cluster.

The units are working without having to be "authorised" by a dealer - SCN coding just allows the software downloaded by the dealers for updates, to be packaged for the equipment in your car - involved changing the data code on MBZ's website. Some do not get this done and just keep aware of the proper software for updates - that information is available on this forum if you start a thread or ask someone who is a service technician.

Sounds like you will need to do this yourself and then go to another dealer and ask them to perform the MOST Ring Configuration and code versioning - should take 1 hour I am told.

I sent you a PM

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cerano; dunno about the code to activate, as mine did not require that, sounds suspicious to me:mad:, since everyone else who have retrofitted the NAV units have only had to get the MOST ring configured and the Code versioning done to get the Comand to report NAV data to the Instrument Cluster.

The units are working without having to be "authorised" by a dealer - SCN coding just allows the software downloaded by the dealers for updates, to be packaged for the equipment in your car - involved changing the data code on MBZ's website. Some do not get this done and just keep aware of the proper software for updates - that information is available on this forum if you start a thread or ask someone who is a service technician.

Sounds like you will need to do this yourself and then go to another dealer and ask them to perform the MOST Ring Configuration and code versioning - should take 1 hour I am told.

I sent you a PM
Havnt received your pm. Ok so ill bear this in mind only MOST Ring Configuration and code versioning need to be done.

Authorised Dealer is not required for this to be done right?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Havnt received your pm. Ok so ill bear this in mind only MOST Ring Configuration and code versioning need to be done.

Authorised Dealer is not required for this to be done right?
I am going to my dealer to get the MOST Ring Configuration and code versioning to be done, the rest I am doing.

The PM should be there now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey C7,

Cerano, did you ever succeed with the install?

I have the same issue, but my AD could not get the right SCN code and could not activate the unit. Be keen to see how you went.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Cerano, did you ever succeed with the install?

I have the same issue, but my AD could not get the right SCN code and could not activate the unit. Be keen to see how you went.
No SCN coding needed to activate the unit, SCN coding is for the cluster navigation menu.

What does you unit do now? Does it power up at all? No sound or what?

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Diesel, my dealer told me it couldn't power up either. what do you think would be the issue? faulty unit?
Of course the unit could always be faulty. My guess is that they did not wire it up correctly. Why do you give these for dealers, if you had done it yourself, you would know how it was done and if you did the homework properly, you would know how it should be done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts