Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzM5ODkzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

·
Registered
190E 2.3 & SLK230K
403 Posts
hahaha that's so useless (unless you wanna hide your identity for some reason)...but it's pimp at the same time...lol...james bond style...[:D]

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
10 Posts
I actually don't think it is useless. Here in Ohio and I'm sure many other states, you must have a plate on the front of your car. Most people I know with sports cars, hate the look of a plate on our front bumber. This seems like a great solution. For me it would have nothing to do with hiding my identity.
It certainly would be an interesting situation to be stopped by law enforcement for not displaying a front plate and you tell the office to go and look at the front of your car and like magic the plate is right were it should be because before you were stoppped you activated the plate. The officer would be a bit perplexed as he could sware that there wasn't a plate their a moment before. [:D]

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I think that is great. Front licenses plates are only good for 2 things. To make a great reflector for a radar gun and to make a great target for a laser gun.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
Exactly JoeBoxer, that's exactly what I was thinking. Here in MA, its the law to have two plates, unless you have a plate from the 1970's, like mine. I just kept on renewing it. But, now they're trying to pass legislature to make it mandatory to turn in our 1970's plate and get new ones. Get this, We'll have to pay for them too.

Stay out of MA if you can, pffft these bastards are trying to pass a VIEW tax on our property because we are across the street from a lake. VIEW TAX! We already paid a premium for the lot when we moved in. Now they wanna charge us, and other people that live on mountains that have views of lower regions view taxes. What's next? Hearing tax? I have 800 acres behind me of all woods, I hear birds in the morning, oohh maybe they should tax me on it.

JB

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
joeboxer - 2/24/2005 7:24 PM

Most people I know with sports cars, hate the look of a plate on our front bumber.
Yea - reminds me of a South Park episode when Butters had to glue balls on his chin.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
oh for God's sake....what next?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts