Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300SD with a bad transmission and a 1985 300SD with a good transmission
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it stinks of diesel and my fuel gauge drops a lot faster than it once did. Seems I've sprung a leak and I have no inclination to find where. I paid $800 and stuck a new battery and tires on it. The engine still needs 3 glow plugs but runs damn good, the transmission seems strong and hasn't ever given me any issues. The odometer quit at 206k, but I'd doubt it has more than 250k (this is a non-legally binding guess on my part).

I'm pulling my battery, tires, headunit and speakers. If anyone wants it for parts I'll drive it to you and pull those things out myself for $500, if anyone wants it as an experiment then it's $1000 and you get everything including brandnew 80k tires and the fresh battery. If not then I'm going to pull whatever I can and take it to Crazy Ray's, get my $300 and then sell the other stuff on Ebay/benzworld.org

NOTHING WORKS IN THE ELECTRONICS IT IS A COMPLETE PIECE OF CRAP (except the strong motor and trans, headlights and tail lights)

But I have been using it as a daily driver for the last 5 months including several trips to OC and one to WV

Things you may need/want:
Body panels are actually in REALLY good shape with minimal rust, very few dings/dents.

Seats are also in great shape. No noticeable wear, no tears but they are worn out.

Engine and Trans work fine

Glass is in good shape except for the staining that happens to the rears due to capillary action getting water between the layers of glass.

If anyone wants this PM me. if you want the body panels you'll have to take the whole car minus the things I've already mentioned. I'd feel really bad about taking it to the junkyard with the body/seats in their condition.

·
Registered
1977 W123.123 1995 W124.034
3,868 Posts
x2 on the pictures

·
Registered
1985 300TD On the road! and too many Dodges to list!
367 Posts
This is a turbo motor? I'm interested in the motor. How much?

I have an 82 300TD with a shot motor. I'm in PA and am willing to come pick the motor up OR buy the whole car and pull the motor myself, you get what you want and I'll part out the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts