Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got all my door actuators working properly but still have an old problem. After programming the fob, it (the fob) works only one time. Whatever choice you make following the sync is the only response you get; after that it does nothing (lock/unlock wise)

Example: key to pos 2, removed and while holding lock I press unlock 5 times. At this point I let go of everything and to test it I press the unlock button again and voila, the doors unlock. After that it refuses to work. Only way to make it work is to resync again but still only does the one command. It’s one and done following the sync.

I’ve seen old threads on people having this issue but no real resolutions. Figured I would wait until my door lock actuators were all working to try again and I’m there now so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
In all previous instances of this problem, the solution was to replace the AAM. You can use a working used one, with a matching or compatible part number, then it needs to be plugged into Star Diagnosis to program your existing key fobs into it.

(This solution applies to MY2000 MLs and later, which have immobilizer functions in the EAM.)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In all previous instances of this problem, the solution was to replace the AAM. You can use a working used one, with a matching or compatible part number, then it needs to be plugged into Star Diagnosis to program your existing key fobs into it.

(This solution applies to MY2000 MLs and later, which have immobilizer functions in the EAM.)
Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
ed7c9
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing