Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 95 E320 with about 55,000 miles on it. The car is mint, but the ride is starting to become rough especially when going over potholes, ripples in the road, etc. It just bangs across them. I've replaced the tires and shocks but that's only marginally improved things. What other parts on the car "harden" over time that should be replaced to restore the new car ride?

·
Registered
'89 260E
18 Posts
did u just get the car? or have u had it for a while and u have noticed that recently? could be the springs...

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG
505 Posts
[8D]
Parts that wear and degrade perceived 'ride' quality include: bushings, tie-rod ends, ball joints, steering rack and pitman arm/arm end. Sometimes, it's just the noise/vibration associated with play in these parts that give the impression the ride quality is deteriorating.

·
Registered
1995 E320
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the responses. They're much appreciated. I've owned the car since 1999. At that time it had 8,000 miles on it. I've driven some of the new Benz's and realized how much better they ride over rough roads. But then, so do most new cars! I want to keep my E320 for some time still as it's in beautiful condition. I figure that by replacing the "hardening" parts, I won't be tempted to look for a new car.

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Hi Bob, ive got a new one and an old one. You can have the new one!! overall build quality and maintenance i believe to be better in MB cars from mid 90's and earlier. Not to mention the timeless lines they posess that so many cars lack these days, including MB!

·
Registered
E320 wagon
953 Posts
At 55 K I think they are still like new, I use silicone spray around torsion bar mounts -rear suspension rubber mounts to help soften the ride.The front end wish bones / ball joints can give you a bad ride ,but not at 55 K

I bought some rear links / dog bone part ( newer ) that one post said help the ride and rear tire wear.

94 E320 wagon 98 K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts