Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 2.8 and with 180k and the rear spring got a bit soft and the car is tilted towards the back and the wheels are pointing to the outside of the car. I Gus the springs are the ones that nedd attention beacause most of the links are new and the shocks are probably 1 year old. What springs shoud I buy in order to restore the original look . I do not need to lower the suspension

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Hi,

Not enough information. What do you mean by "tilted towards the back and the wheels are pointing to the outside of the car?" Do you mean the car look like it's lower at the back than the front? Are you trying to say that the wheels look like /=====\ ? Please clarify.

Shady

·
Registered
1995 E320
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes , you have made the right assumption is both ways, /=====\ and towards the back =\\\\\=....I think you got my point
Thanks,

·
Registered
1995 E320
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any feedback please? I am going to order the parts for a transmission fluid/filter change and i need to do the suspension too ...in one shot...spring is here and the car should look fresh too

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Check and make sure you don't have the self levelling system. If you don't then the problem is your springs. You need new springs.

·
Registered
1995 E320
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does not have the self leveling system. So I shoud change the springs. What brand should I buy?
What part # should I look for.Do I need those rubber bushings for the top of the spring ?

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Yes you do. The ride hight is adjusted by using thicker or thinner rubber rings. 1-notch is the thinnest, 2-notch thicker... etc. Try out some and see what suits you best. My car is using 2-notch pads at the rear and I think the car is sitting a bit too high.

Shady

·
Registered
1995 E320
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did change the springs today, without any spring compresor. I was using a floor jack to lower the arm and the spring came out easy. It was a bit dificult with lifting back the arm to align it in to the frame.But overall an easy job 1-2 hours.
Car rides beutiful now. Thanks for all your imput guys and you Shady

1 - 11 of 11 Posts