Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2003 R230 SL500 at 140.000 km. I am the first owner of the car for almost 17 years. I have change many things etc. ABC tandem pump, strut renovation, trans electronic card, engine gaskets.. However, I have been thinking of to make a complete restoration. I have search on internet and not found any videos or websites about it. Some private services I have contacted offered to do it but I don't trust their capabilities. I considered to send the car to MB, unfortunately they don't offer restoration service. I want to renew the car as brand new as classic car. I wonder if anyone ever thought about it or have any ideas.

Kindly,
Niko.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe SL-Class R230 will be a future classic car like Pagoda or 1955's SLs, I drive my car less than 150 km per month. Instead of making facelift or tuning, I want to keep it as much as original and neat. Also, I want to rip the car completely and renew everything. Shiny body paint is not just enough I believe. I searched some autotrader websites for second hand SL's under 15.000 km however I couldn't find what I want.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2003 SL500, 2003 SL55, and four R129s
4,266 Posts
They only made c. 1800 300SL roadsters. They made around 50,000 Pagodas, but some or many of them succumbed to rust and limited the number of survivors that would otherwise exist. In my opinion they made entirely too many R230s for them to ever become collectible. Maybe the AMG cars could be an exception. Whatever the market is for the SLR could be a guide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts