Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my '02 E55, I notice a slight resonance at almost exactly 60 mph. When I first heard it I thought it was road noise from rough or grooved pavement. I found that by varying the throttle setting I could make it come or go. I can't tell for sure if it's exhaust or drive line related. If our other car weren't a Lexus, I probably wouldn't notice. ;<} Has anyone else noticed this? If 'they all do it' I won't worry about it because it is slight and I rarely cruise at 60. :<} I'd probably have trouble getting a dealer to hear it.<p>adsl-64-216-17-91.dsl.snantx.swbell.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Try it a different gears Sherrill and see if you have the same noise? <br> <br> The AMG cars demand much more driver involvement and is quite different from the soft, well insulated Lexus. Personally I wouldn't mind combing the quietness of a Lexus with the handling, stability and performance of the E55. If I have to pick one though, I pick performance hands down.<p>b0hx10jmy5qe.bc.hsia.telus.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked this morning, and when I shift to 4th, I can hear it at the same RPM, about 1900. I'm becoming convinced it's a slight resonance in the exhaust, and probably nothing worth pursuing.<p>adsl-64-216-17-91.dsl.snantx.swbell.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have a resonance at 2000-2500 rpms

Sounds like an exhaust buzz...appears to be coming from the glove box area. Only on hard throttle. Let me know if you find anything or if the noise gets worse. SD<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts