Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my car I get "14 days to service" and tomorrow 13 days etc. Today with 1 day left I ran the FSS reset procedure but cannot get the final beep in the 5 step process. What happens next? Does the car go into limp mode?

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430 ,Silver/Ash, Daily Driver
366 Posts
It will NOT go into limpmode>

On my 430, I had to wait till the initial service cue was already showing...

Then I set the FSS back to 10000 miles....

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I understand. Are you saying that the service notice has to appear, or rather my last day before the service is needed would have to transpire before I can reset the puter?

·
Registered
366 Posts
On mine it had to show service needed to

be able to reset the puter. The warnings had already passed and was now in the "See Stealer "mode..

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so I guess my question is what happens tomorrow if anything? See Dealer(?) and if so how do I get rid of it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Read the manual and procede to RESET the FSS...

That's all you need to do ... It has to be in the "Service Needed" mode !!! I don't know what year yor car is but it is in my 1999 manual !

L

·
0 Posts
When I start my car I get "14 days to service" and tomorrow 13 days etc. Today with 1 day left I ran the FSS reset procedure but cannot get the final beep in the 5 step process. What happens next? Does the car go into limp mode?

Lol......"Go into limp mode". No limp mode, it just gonna start counting negative days. Te reset procedure is in your user's manual. It a little tricky to reset it and you have to due it quick within 3 second on some of tht step but it does work and I've done it many many times before with my Clk 430.

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I swear to God, I did it the same way over and over and over again. It finally worked. Thanks guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts