Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 E320
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear experts:
I have tried everything to reset my service clock for my 99 W210.
I followed the owner's manual and other members suggestions. Nothing is working.
I think you experts gonna like my case. :)

James

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
951 Posts
Pre-face lift (no driving computer and multifunction steering wheel)?
Here is one way (fom the manual is believe):
1) Turn key to 2 (ignition on)

2) Push zero-button in leftside down corner of the dashboard, two times (to get service interval on display)

3) Turn key to position 1

4) Push zero-button, keep it pushed and turn key to position 2. Keep button pushed.

5) After 10 seconds (check out the time, it feels really long :D), you should hear a beeb, and new service interval should appear on display.

With facelift, turn key to pos. 1, use steering wheel buttons to show the service interval, push R button on dashboard, answer yes to question 'do you want reset the service interval'.

There has been recently discussion in finnish mercedes forum where someone also has been problems to reset the interval in pre-facelift car, I'm following the result and report here if solution is found. I remember there has been reported wrong key position instructions with W211 owners manual, but it shouldn't involve this case.

[ mod note: with north american cars, step 3 is key position = 0 ]

·
Registered
99 E320
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for replying it. I am going to try everything tonight once again. :)
If it doesn't work, I will post a video on Youtube of I doing it. So you guys can correct me if i am doing it wrong.
I checked all fuses last night and they seem working fine. (I used fuse testing tool and multimeter). Battery display 12v + and no short circuit found.
I don't know what to look for anymore.

·
Registered
99 E320
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Displays go out first.

some cars require the procedure to be started from sleep mode >> all displays go out.
Thank you for replying. :)

So I have to wait all displays go out inside the car with doors closed?

How do I know when the car is in sleeping mode?

Thanks

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
10 Posts
It is also closed and I tried it also from sleepmode but i doesnt work for me any suggestion.

In forehand thx
regards
Miguel

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
951 Posts
Well, my instructions above are from european model... and most of the cases they are working but currently there is similar issue reported in finnish MB forum where that procedure is not working.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
35,883 Posts
Lot of the time it is all about timing. We don't drive MB too much, so it takes over a year for the service. Even I have done it tens of times over the years, I always have to refresh the memory and not always do it fast enough. Give it several tries.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
10 Posts
Hi again I have solved it in forehand thx.

Ps. is there someone in here that got an manual for this car.

Best regards
Miguel

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
10 Posts
Get the ignition to 2 and turn off again with the 0 pressed and again press it to 2 and then the service reset itself.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(216K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(182K Miles)
3,461 Posts
Get the ignition to 2 and turn off again with the 0 pressed and again press it to 2 and then the service reset itself.
Basically the same procedure as for my SLK.
Of course you will have forgotten it by the time you need it again and will have to struggle again. :D

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
35,883 Posts
I would expect in those days every computer owner do own a printer as well. What a problem to print this page and put a copy in glove compartment?
I keep copy of sensor codes and errors in my GC box. You never know when they become handy.
Oh, and OBDII scanner on rear door pocket.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts