Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I recently changed the oil on my 2003 ML350 (didn't take it to the MB dealear) because it was due for the B-service (double wrench) and I am wondering if I could get any help/ advice on how to clear the service indicator.

I tried to follow the instructions in the owner's manual but was NOT successful after numerous attempts.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.......

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you follow the instructions in the owner's manual exactly, you should be able to clear the service indicator, eventually.

That said, I think some ML on-board computers might be a little "touchy" that you might have to reset it serveral times before it would clear - case in point, my wife's uncle and I both have the same model year ML, however, I could clear my SI the first try but on his, I'd have to reset it at least 4~5 times before it would finally take, go figure.

Maybe his (and your's) have a "flakey" computer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Folks,

I recently changed the oil on my 2003 ML350 (didn't take it to the MB dealear) because it was due for the B-service (double wrench) and I am wondering if I could get any help/ advice on how to clear the service indicator.

I tried to follow the instructions in the owner's manual but was NOT successful after numerous attempts.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.......
Hello,

I found it very hard to find the instuctions to reset my service indicator. They are several conflicting instructions and none of them worked on my ML 350 2007. I finally found this:
make sure car doors are closed,
Place Key in Position 1
Cycle cluster screen to the Odometer
Push R button 3 times

use arrows to get to the service items menu. Service 1, 2 3 (or ABC)
you can scroll through from there. I was dissapointed that so many forum members said it was in the service manual that came with the car. FSS reset information was NOT in my service manual . My manual said it could be done, but did not give instructions on how to do it. It said to refer to the SERVICE INSTRUCTION MANUAL.
Which does not come with your car.

Thank you BRIAN_74 I found these instuctions that you posted. You are a life saver :)

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Hello,

I found it very hard to find the instuctions to reset my service indicator. They are several conflicting instructions and none of them worked on my ML 350 2007. I finally found this:
make sure car doors are closed,
Place Key in Position 1
Cycle cluster screen to the Odometer
Push R button 3 times

use arrows to get to the service items menu. Service 1, 2 3 (or ABC)
you can scroll through from there. I was dissapointed that so many forum members said it was in the service manual that came with the car. FSS reset information was NOT in my service manual . My manual said it could be done, but did not give instructions on how to do it. It said to refer to the SERVICE INSTRUCTION MANUAL.
Which does not come with your car.

Thank you BRIAN_74 I found these instuctions that you posted. You are a life saver :)
You are on the wrong forum.

W164 M-Class - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts