Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 e320 4matic sedan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Resetting maintenance service indicator SOLVED!

How do you reset indicator when a maintenance service term has been exceeded? The service manual only explains how to reset it if it has not exceeded the mileage mark for that service. and if you exceed the mileage the manual says that you can reset it but you have to know the trick, by either asking your dealer or contacting Mercedes Benz directly. So before I call and beg for this information I was hoping someone knows this little trick.

2005 e320 is my car

Thanks in advance!
Jb

I figured it out. You have to follow normal reset instructions and just make sure that you set the cleared option for all services and then it's done!

·
Registered
2005 e320 4matic sedan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you reset the fss.
My MB is a E320 CDI.
Thanks
Flepet
Do you have the owners manual, if so all you have to do is follow the instructions. If not get back to me and I will pull out my notes to give to you.

·
Registered
2006 Merc E320 cdi
980 Posts
Do you have the owners manual, if so all you have to do is follow the instructions. If not get back to me and I will pull out my notes to give to you.

Owners manual does not contain steps on how to reset the FSS. This is typically reserved for service personnel. This forum does contain several threads on how to reset the service indicator.. Use the advanced search and type reset service..

Make sure you note all of the service codes within the FSS and make sure to perform or have the services performed that are due..

·
Registered
2005 e320 4matic sedan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Owners manual does not contain steps on how to reset the FSS. This is typically reserved for service personnel. This forum does contain several threads on how to reset the service indicator.. Use the advanced search and type reset service..

Make sure you note all of the service codes within the FSS and make sure to perform or have the services performed that are due..
Here is a link that explains how to clear it when you have gone past the mileage for the service.

http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdfs/W211_advisor/219 HO FSS Plus (WFF) 08-16-02.pdf

Good luck all!

Jb

·
Registered
2004 E500
87 Posts
Thanks...I've been looking for something like this. This PDF needs to put some place it can easily be foud by DIY like me. It makes sense out of the FSS

·
Registered
2005 e320 4matic sedan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...I've been looking for something like this. This PDF needs to put some place it can easily be foud by DIY like me. It makes sense out of the FSS
I totally agree, just don't know how to do that. Hopefully, someone will make that happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts