1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 E 350 4matic
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 E 320.
I changed the oil and want to set the A service to 10,000

I read what it said in the manual and did the procedure and it reset the B service to 10,000.

Now I don't see any reference to the A service.

Before I read the owners manual I did a search on here and found a procedure of pushing R twice and off and on with the ignition switch.

I tried this first but it did nothing.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Every other

service is either an a or b
at 10000 miles was an A service at 20k a B service and so on.
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
2011 E 350 4matic
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so I had 800 miles left to my A service and never saw anything telling me about a B service. Now it's telling me I need a B service in 10,000 miles. Shouldn't I have re-set the A counter? How do I fix it?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
I have a 2000 E 320.
I changed the oil and want to set the A service to 10,000

I read what it said in the manual and did the procedure and it reset the B service to 10,000.

Now I don't see any reference to the A service.

Before I read the owners manual I did a search on here and found a procedure of pushing R twice and off and on with the ignition switch.

I tried this first but it did nothing.

OK, so I had 800 miles left to my A service and never saw anything telling me about a B service. Now it's telling me I need a B service in 10,000 miles. Shouldn't I have re-set the A counter? How do I fix it?
It sounds as though it reset perfectly. There are two services on your car managed by FSS: A and B. They alternate. So you do an A, the reset is to the next B service. When you do the B (which includes an A) it will reset to the next A. Basically it's every 20,000 miles you do the "same letter", but you're doing "alternating" ones every 10K: A, B, A, B, A, B etc.

Follow the FSS, though, as it will adjust, so you might see more or less between services. It will count you down when you're getting close. Just be sure to periodically check the oil...that's easy to ignore over these long intervals.

Since you reset it, that told the FSS the A service has been performed. So the nominal mileage (10,000) now appears before the next scheduled service, which is a B. You won't see any mention of A until you do the B and reset it, then you won't see any mention of B until you do the A and reset it.

Get it? ;)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts