Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CLK500 , 1974 280C
7 Posts
I tried EVERYTHING I've seen on these forums and nothing has worked for my year/model, 2003 CLK500.

Has anyone been SUCCESSFULLY in resetting the service reminders? (Other than having the dealer reset it)

Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have 2004 CLK500.... My Service B Light been on* exceed 4000 miles... I follow the instructions and it worked! 100% It Works!! Anyone who cant perform this needs to either trade the Benz in or go back to elementary school because your iddiot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2004 CLK500.... My Service B Light been on* exceed 4000 miles... I follow the instructions and it worked! 100% It Works!! Anyone who cant perform this needs to either trade the Benz in or go back to elementary school because your iddiot.
If you can get past the awful grammar and the botched slam (spelling idiot with two d’s), he is correct about this working. Several other sites indicate that the key should be in position 1 which does not work. The key needs to be turned to position 2 (the “on” position).

Thanks MiamiMerc (post #3). My 2005 CLK-320 owner's manual does not have this information but refers you to Mercedes-Benz and they, in turn, will refer you to the owners manual. Catch 22!

·
Registered
2006 C230 Sport, 96 C220 , 2009 Ford Ranger XLT, 04 Honda Pilot EXL
58 Posts
These are the instructions from the manual...
Thank You MiamiMerc, I only got 2000 miles on since a supposed Mercedes CPO comprehensive inspection/service and the " B Service reminder " turns on and I'm not suppose to be back for another 10000 miles. Your reset procedure works perfect on my 2006 C230 Sport. It has been less than 6 months since the last service by the Mercedes dealer that sold me the CPO.
The dealer by coincidence emailed me this week about an "A" service, I emailed back today asking about the "B" service, I might as well do an "A" service next month.

·
Registered
2005 CLK500 Cab
5 Posts
Reset Service on clk500 cab

I have also tried to reset my service indicator on my 05 clk500 cab (209) with no success.
The instructions posted work until step 5 when I should see a "Service A/B" indicator, however I don't. It goes right to some version numbers and oil pf etc.
Is there any way to reset on a 05 CLK500? Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 CLK500 Cab
5 Posts
Let me restate my post. It states I am overdue on my service A on my 05 CLK500 and want to get rid of that message since the service was done somewhere else - not MB. How can I get rid of the overdue message? Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.