Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
06 R350
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any way to reset the computer ECU back to factory default without going to the dealership

Does this below work..

1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.

Does this reset the instrument cluster also ??

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Maybe if you could explain the problems you are having and exactly why you want to reset the ECU and the instrument cluster, we could help.

·
Registered
06 R350
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My analog odometer is displaying miles and my digital display is showing km. Every time I go thru the menu to try and change from km to miles nothing happens. So I think something is wrong with ECU..

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
My analog odometer is displaying miles and my digital display is showing km. Every time I go thru the menu to try and change from km to miles nothing happens. So I think something is wrong with ECU..
I see, this has nothing to do with the ECU but will need the use of DAS diagnostic equipment to rectify this problem, and thus means a trip to the workshop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe if you could explain the problems you are having and exactly why you want to reset the ECU and the instrument cluster, we could help.
My front SAM control module might need replacing and I’d like to see if I could reset it to see if my problem goes away. My brake lights won’t go out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will setting my ecu back to factory reset let my 05 ml350 start error go away and let my car start no crank no start nothing after I tried to put in a pke alarm system I still have original key so I don't know what to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts