Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am in the market for an R129, having problems with deciding what to go for. My biggest concern in mechanical reliability.... I will not consider anything above 100,000 Kilometers.

Is a 500 way better than the 320? What equipment is a MUST HAVE in these vehicles? Do they typically show wear and tear very easily? How solid is the metal roof The prices are still expensive so unless it is in tip top shape, I probably wont go for it.

If I do take the plunge, what should I or the mechanic look for besides a service history? Is it easy to verify the mileage on these cars? I am looking tonight at a Japanese 320SL import, so my number one priority would be verifying the mileage, which appears to be rediculously low for a 1998 (44,000 Kilometers).

I have considered a 2002+ 500SL, but the cost is quite prohibitive, although they are finally reaching reasonable levels.

Cheers to all.

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
HI Bazman if you want you can consider buying my 2000 SL 320. The car has no problems but I'm selling it because I would want to upgrade to something more powerful.
The car has:
  • Xenon HID lights
  • Power seats
  • Heated seats
  • ESP
  • Hardtop
  • Windshield
  • Power steering
  • Nappa leather seats
  • Anti-theft anti-break-in warning system with anti-towing system (Mercedes Original)
  • Headlamp wiper and washer
  • 5-hole light alloy wheels 17"

The car is Obsidian Metallic Black and the interior is Saffron Java and it has about 85.000 KMs and has always been serviced thru a top Mercedes dealer in my area (Northern Italy).

Pm me if you are interested.

Cheers.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts