Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
That is correct. You can still use the key to manually operate the locks, trunk, and start the car. I’m getting close to that point with mine. Buttons only work when I’m standing next to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must you stand close to the car for ANY of the IR sensors to work? If it is specific ones, chances are the reciever is not functioning as it should and the solution is to buy a new on. That happened on my trunk sensor. Unless I was in the garage out of the sun or very close to it outside it wouldn't work. swapped the trunk and door sensor to check and yup, needed a new trunk sensor.

And I noticed the other day my PS door sensor doesn't work, so I'll need to get a replacement one of these days.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Must you stand close to the car for ANY of the IR sensors to work? If it is specific ones, chances are the reciever is not functioning as it should and the solution is to buy a new on. That happened on my trunk sensor. Unless I was in the garage out of the sun or very close to it outside it wouldn't work. swapped the trunk and door sensor to check and yup, needed a new trunk sensor.

And I noticed the other day my PS door sensor doesn't work, so I'll need to get a replacement one of these days.

It’s all the sensors. That said, it’s at the bottom of my things to fix list. Need to do the cats, valve cover gasket, and cam magnet seals first. Then repair the seat belt cover. It’s something I can live with for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 103 of 103 Posts