Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Poster on Facebook r129 group states he received an email from MBUK and MB Germany that 3 button remote keys are now available for order. Still waiting for the 4 button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Poster on Facebook r129 group states he received an email from MBUK and MB Germany that 3 button remote keys are now available for order. Still waiting for the 4 button.

I am following that post. Let’s see what happens.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Interesting!

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
I went to two different dealers.....2 different cities. Showed them the posts' and also called MBUSA customer service. I was told told by all 3...no keys..no remote. So...unless someone has different info...we need the dealshership on the same page....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Seems they are

I called our local dealer parts dept here in Scotland and asked the question.

Initially said they hadn't heard anything then checked with someone else, confirmed they had had a circular, they were showing on their system but might be they would show as not available if ordered! I asked them to check and they confirmed they did appear to be available for my VIN number and could get me one, price is just over £218 (about $250?)

Only uncertainty is whether they would be coded at the factory to the car or whether they needed coded when they arrived at the dealer. If the latter, another hours labour cost (about £130 here)

He mentioned the R129 key is a Dash2 key, not sure what that means. I said I would bring in my key so they can check it is the right one (3 button blade flip out), but he said showing on the system as for the R129.

I'm not sure whether to get one (probably will) as I have one flip out key and the card key, which locks unlocks and starts the car.

Hope this helps

john

·
Registered
31 Posts
Facebook group is saying that one button remotes are indeed available through Germany now and to contact your MB dealer.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
I'm traveling...in South Florida now. Stopped by 3 dealers....3 different cities. No remote R129 key available. One button or not...
Just strange that some of you can get a key...the remote push button...from a dealer...and some can't.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I lost my remote 2 days ago and went to the dealer. NLA.

BTW the dealers inventory system automatically goes to Germany if none are available in the US.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Parolee if you can ask them how you order them because it certainly isn’t through the US dealership network

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
7,143 Posts
Sometime back, I bought a used single-button switchblade remote for kicks (blank key). As I have an aftermarket alarm/remote start, I have no use for the remote, but wanted one as it is what came with the car. I wonder now, if the chip in it can be programmed to switch DAS?
hmm...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went to Mercedes Benz of Beverly Hills today to find out about ordering a new key, and had the parts guy triple check availability.

The answer was a firm NLA. He's going to call around on Monday and get a more solid "no" for me, but says that the system tells him that once stock is exhausted they are done for.

This is frightening because I only have one key, and I bought this car for my girlfriend. She's fantastic in every aspect, except for not losing things. I really don't want a 4000lb paper weight, even one as beautiful as her SL.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For what it's worth, the people who are claiming that keys are available for US cars made their orders in Germany, UAE, Finland, etc. Also, another US poster is claiming to have just gotten confirmation via "MB Youngtimer Center" in Germany.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm the one who made the order here in Finland for my 97 US import SL600, meaning 1 button with immobilizer. I was able to place the order on Jan 24 and I'm still waiting. Initially they told me after a day or so that the key has been made and will be shipped out from Germany soon, but later it turned out the order is still in "open" state in Germany. Now I haven't had any news in more than a week.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Two posts' above this post, picture of receipt....the number is A140....
So...W140...another words...
The W140 and the R129...same type of key...just saying.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts