Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the disc trays inside my CD changer is stuck. It's happened a number of times lately, and this time I just cannot manage to dislodge it. I think it's time to replace the changer.

There's a number of them for sale on E-Bay. The model # is MC 3010 and the part number is A203 820 90 89. I assume it's the one I need.

One question - if I replace the CD changer in my '99 SLK, will I need to have it "version coded" by the dealer? I'm hoping that the re-programming only needs to be done when first adding a CD changer, not when swapping out an existing changer for another one?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Same here. I recently replaced my CD changer (that had an annoying repetitive "CD CHANGER NOT FOUND" error) with a different unit. It was slightly different in terms of physical size, which necessitated some minor modification to the mounting bracket with a drill, but it has now been installed for a few months and hasn't skipped once, nor has it ever "lost contact" with the head unit.

I'm thinking of taking the old CD changer to the shooting range to use as a target. I can't really think of much other use for it. I'm virtually certain it's junk (yes, I tried re-seating the cable and replacing the cartridge a couple of times before replacing the whole unit).

Any suggestions on what to do with it? Maybe I'll just drag it out into a field and go "Office Space" on it with a baseball bat. It was that annoying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts