Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
66,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this for the front doors on the 300TE.

Worn watherstrip: you could hear wind noise

Disconnect the inner door hinge: It's the door strap hand

Remove the plastic anchor

Peel away the rubber weather strip

To install a new one, insert the weather strip from the top corner and work your way down to the bottom of the door. Use a plastic pad like the one used for mixing and applying Bondo to shove the rubber into the grooves around the door on the inside edge.

·
66,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got them from Germanstar where I get most of my parts.
Germanstar.net, check the website for your application and price.

·
66,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This morning I test drove the wagon and boy what a difference!
The door slams shut like a bank vault.
The drive was so quite (new front struts helped too ;) ) and smooth.

·
Premium Member
10,078 Posts
Interesting place...never saw the link before. I use parts.com for all OE stuff...but always looking for comparable alternatives.:thumbsup:

Kevin

·
66,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the nice thing is that the owner is a regular here on BW and I have ordered stuff from him for the last ten years.

·
66,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like you've been busy. Nicely done, once again.
There will be more:
Some body work to remove a dent in one door. I plan on hammering it out from the inside once I remove the door panel.
Rust repair for a small bubble at the edge of the rear side window.
Rust repair near the battery at the bottom panel
Rust repair on the inner fender connected to the frame rail
I am going to use Miracle Paint from Mercedessource, Kent has some nice videos on how to do that sort of repairs.

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
Drew dropped off the face of the planet and apparently ditched his photo hosting account, so we're probably ass out until he shows back up. Bummer

·
Premium Member
10,078 Posts
Wow...on the disappearing part. That's why I always post photos from my hard drive...as lousy as they usually are. If I disappear from this site, it will be because I'm dead, or suddenly rich from the lottery. Although if I won the lottery, eventually I'd be back. In the other scenario, I'm not so sure but probably not.....:p

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
meinpanzer
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing