Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 ML350,2003 ML 500,2014 GL450
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was quite easy to replace the cabin air filter on my 2009 ML through the engine compartment. What is the procedure to replace them on the 2014 GL450? Can it be done through the engine compartment or do you have to go behind the glove compartment? Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 ML350,2003 ML 500,2014 GL450
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, vortecpwr is basically correct. I think I can answer my own question as I picked up the GL450 on Friday 12/19 and upon getting it in my garage and examining it closer, I found the that procedure is basically the same. If anyone is interested, the top plastic panel with the air opening to the plenum box for the HVAC is only a pressure fit and requires only a flexing to remove it. Inside, there is another plastic panel(sitting vertically) that is held in place with 3 spring clips on the top, which are easy to unclip and then remove that panel. And there is the cabin filter being held in place by four plastic tabs. It looks like it will require a bit of a distortion of the filter and it should come right out. Then a new filter can be flexed into place.

·
Registered
13 GLK350, 02 325, 94 sonoma, 12 RAM, 01 WS6
2,051 Posts
there is what I call a "pre" filter and than your charcoal filters. this "pre" filter is a white regular filter in front of the charcoal filters. you have to remove this "pre" filter to access the charcoal filters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.