Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a loud hissing noise coming from the right side of the engine and wanted to see where it was coming from. For the first time I began to access under the intake and air filter housing. After pulling them I see there are some oil leaks from the cover I never realized and that the crankcase breather hose has a deteriorated connection which I assume is the air leak.
I first thought that i might band aid it with electric tape until it disintegrated in my fingers. Wow.
There is a hose connection under the air intake and once I pull the remaining pieces of hose I will need to connect it to the hose connection piece but yet there is no room to reach or access the small area with your hands. .
Can anyone offer any experience or direction to replace this hose??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah its a common maintenance part.
I have the c55 m113, im not sure what it looks like on the c32, probably the same.

Expose the MAF, all the hoses connect to the sides of it.

When I did all my hoses I was able to get my hands around them, pull them and replace. It takes a bit and prepare to get bloody knuckles, but your engine will run better than it was.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response! I got the c55 hose but trying to track down the c32 hose now. Do you know where we can find a Mercedes parts diagram by model?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts