Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 280se 3.5 Cab, 06 C230, 06 ML350
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears I can take the face off my tach, 86 560. Is that true? If so, has anyone done it?

Since my clock's broken and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement, at a reasonable price, I was thinking of replacing the face on a 450SL tach with mine.
I guess that raises the question of are the clocks the same? They look it from the outside. It's just the red-line that's different, or so it seems.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
9,927 Posts
It appears I can take the face off my tach, 86 560. Is that true? If so, has anyone done it?

Since my clock's broken and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement, at a reasonable price, I was thinking of replacing the face on a 450SL tach with mine.
I guess that raises the question of are the clocks the same? They look it from the outside. It's just the red-line that's different, or so it seems.
I occasionally see a person advertising tach clock repair on ebay for $50. I have been meaning to get mine done myself. I also want to get the numbers and needles repainted. Mine are faded. Of course I cant find him today.

·
Registered
560SL,380SL
4,012 Posts

I have a few clock mechs around that I repaired with new capacitors (information on how to do this should be on this or other forums). If you can't find it or can't solder, PM me but I may not be able to answer for a few days.

·
Registered
71 280se 3.5 Cab, 06 C230, 06 ML350
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strife- very kind of you. I'll search. I don't have any solder equipment and I've never done any soldering. What would you want for one of your mechs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts