Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Replacing Steering wheel and shifter

1304 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  RezaH
How easy is to replace the steering wheel?

Can I do it myself?

I am also replacing the Shifter with the wood and leather one, but I have a Keyless Go, so is that fairly staright forward as well?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
steering wheel is about $800.00 TO REPLACE WITH air bag reinstalled by certified technician. shift knob comes off pretty easy you can do that yourself. good luck.
Find a steering wheel at www.performanceproducts.com. Cost is $599 for standard replacement (wood and leather). You need to know your color scheme... mine is Java for example. You'll reuse your center/airbag. Don't even try to replace this yourself. I paid $79 for my mechanic to handle this. I suspect any Euro-performance shop or mechainic has the proper tools and skill. Body shops should be able to do this as well.

The shifter comes off with a trun of the locking ring (chrome at bottom of the knob) using your thumb and forefinger. Pull straight up to remove. Reverse to install.
Thanks everyone. Got it done. Looks sweet. Thanks again.

Thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.