Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace my rear brake pads and while i'm at it have the brake fluid changed.

I figure on doing the pads myself. I've done the front rotors on my G, and the front disc pads on a honda civic. Any recommendation or specific tools to do the pads on the G?...

I'll probably just have my shop do the brake fluid... assuming they've done work on say an ML430, any reason they would have trouble with the G?

Oh, i'm going to have them replace the transmission fluid and filter too, same story, at the least i know they've done it on their ml430, i've got Dutch's instructions to show them some concerns of mine, but anybody think its a bad idea letting them do it?

Thanks a bunch ahead of time.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
I have always been told not to change the fluid on the mercedes trans. Also how you going to put it back in. I mean i have a dip stick but its capped off.

says see the work shop across the top.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Kerr - 3/24/2005 9:43 AM

I have always been told not to change the fluid on the mercedes trans. Also how you going to put it back in. I mean i have a dip stick but its capped off.

says see the work shop across the top.
Read previous posts here on this topic.

·
Registered
1979 G460
70 Posts
I am not sure how the newer ones are but my rear brakes were an SOB. The pads had to be removed from the old ones and riveted on to the old steel. I also had to replace the actuator due to leaking and not being able to get all the air out of the lines. Nothing like any other vehicle I have done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts