Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have searched the forum to see if I could gather information before asking this question... I recently cracked my oil pan and am going to replace it myself. I think it will be a simple fix now that i got my external torx socket but heres the problem. How do I access the oil pan three bolts towards the front of the car. There's a black rod directly under them and so it seems really hard to access. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's a picture to help describe what I'm talking about:

The black rod underneath the oil pan bolt is in the way... any suggestions??

·
Registered
02 CLK55 AMG
60 Posts
Well, if you don't want to remove whatever it is I have seen a torx ring wrench for sale somewhere. Looks like it would reach that one at least.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,378 Posts
My WIS drawings do not show that bar...

Some others models (AMG) do have an underride guard down there which must come off - but not your W208.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Is this the lower oil pan or the upper?

You can always pop the two lower bolts (one each side) from the motor mounts and raise the engine a bit, just enough to get the clearance you need. You'll need to put the other bolts back in the pan because that's the lift point, but then you can put some wood or squarestock between the motor mounts and frame to hold the engine up while you remove the jack and swap the pan.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this the lower oil pan or the upper?

You can always pop the two lower bolts (one each side) from the motor mounts and raise the engine a bit, just enough to get the clearance you need. You'll need to put the other bolts back in the pan because that's the lift point, but then you can put some wood or squarestock between the motor mounts and frame to hold the engine up while you remove the jack and swap the pan.

Good luck.
10 4... if i can't get those torx ring wrench, ill probably go your way and just raise the engine...it seems kinda daunting ...but hopefully i can get those wrenchs... its the lower oil pan fyi... thanks for your imput everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts