Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would i go about doing that ? i unscrewed the screws above the license plates where the little lip type thing is where they lights are located but it wouldnt budge. i didnt want to break anything . can any one help me ? thanks in advance

·
Registered
64 Posts
That is how I did mine...what year car do you have? I think the pre-update cars you have to unscrew something from inside the trunk.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 2000 sport w202 .. what do i do after i unscrew those two screws just try and pull that piece off ??.. although there is a screw or soemthing but its rounded so i cant like use a screwdrive or anything to take it off you kno ? idk what that thing does..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh see I forgot that my car was missing one of the screws, so when I took out the two outer screws the piece came off.

To get to the bulbs you can remove the trunk liner from the trunk lid and will be able to replace the bulbs from there.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Watch out that the bulbs don't fall in the trunk cover carpet, I had a tough time getting them out again...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
where did you get those bulbs? am interested in upgrading to LEDs too.. my brother bought some kind of LEDs but they are too dark to be LEDs... can u send me some pics after you installed the LEDs? thanks in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually didnt order them yet.. i wanted to figure out how to do it first before i buy them.. but im gunna order them soon.. ill deff post some pics when i install them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
finally installed the license plate lights.. the look great. i installed the the way u guys told me .. under the liner at first it was hard to put them in but i figured it out.. just gotta use a screwdriver to pry back one of the clamps. heres some pics.. the look kinda blue but theyre realllllly bright white.. and i had three cops behind me ( different times) and they didnt seem to care.

heres the pics..
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/brandtv90/CIMG5706.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/brandtv90/CIMG5702.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/brandtv90/CIMG5704.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
cops dont care around where i live.. like i said i had numerous ones behind me and none of them bothered me.. and they shouldn't care because the brand new lexus's have them right from the factory..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm trying to get some LED lights for my car. I have a 1995 C280 Sedan and was wondering what size bulbs do I use. ALso I want to add some LED lights to my License plate and interior lights. I've looked into it and i think I'm suppose to use 6418 for my LIcense plate. But i need to find out the size 37mm or 38mm? And now for the Interior light which do i use? size? model?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
76 Posts
big shout out to jersey man.......used to live in Kearny, close to Newark........missed the NJ pike and G.S.P routes 280 and 80 and 78 and all the nice people I got the privilege to know, civilized country is another quality of life, spent 20 years there, from 1987 up to 2007 in this beautiful country of yours.......but now u guys are suffering with gas prices, when I moved over to Jersey from Queens-NY back in 1994, the price of the gallon was 89 cents.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
i bought these online "High Power 3-LED Festoon bulb" from Product Listing - CAR

37mm 3710-xWHP3 = Bulb length
Cool white 7000k = Color

i installed one and it was perfect it stayed on didnt flicker but then i installed the other one and it would flicker every 5 seconds and then i took both out to see if it was a defective light but then they both started flickering ...... and i also had the error messages come up but i put the stock oem lights in and it fixed it self

this was tested on c230 06'

Is there anything i can do to make the lights work ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts