Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK320; 2006 CLK350 Cabriolet; 2011 E350 Cab; 2014 E550 Cab
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took my '06 CLK Cab to the dealer to have them replace the cabin dust filter as well as the main air filter. They did both, then washed the car and did a great job cleaning the rims. All in all, I was as usual, happy with what they had done. But that was yesterday. Today, when I started up the car, I got the warning "right side marker light fail." I went out and looked and it was indeed not working. So rather than bring the car back to the dealer, even though it's still under warranty, I was wondering if anyone here knows how to remove the side marker lens cover, so that I can replace the bulb.

Any help would be appreciated.

JJ

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Yesterday I took my '06 CLK Cab to the dealer to have them replace the cabin dust filter as well as the main air filter. They did both, then washed the car and did a great job cleaning the rims. All in all, I was as usual, happy with what they had done. But that was yesterday. Today, when I started up the car, I got the warning "right side marker light fail." I went out and looked and it was indeed not working. So rather than bring the car back to the dealer, even though it's still under warranty, I was wondering if anyone here knows how to remove the side marker lens cover, so that I can replace the bulb.

Any help would be appreciated.

JJ
You can check the 210 stickies, same design. Just ahead of the front tire on that side, directly behind the light and in the wheelwell, you'll find a smallish hole. Put your finger in ther all the way and you'll come to a littlle latch, push in and kind of flex it out and the assembly comes out. Then swap the bulb and pop it back in. It's a 2825 IIRC.

Good luck.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg,

You're the best. Thanks.

JJ

·
Registered
2003 CLK500 W209 KEYLESS-GO, PARK-TRONIC, NAV
12 Posts
same problem

I have the same problem, I couldnt find how to get to it....I dont think its that easy though cuase I think the plastic in the wheel well has to come out! ????

·
Registered
2008 CLK350 Cabriolet Black w/Beige leather
57 Posts
I replaced mine by using a credit card to slide under the rear of the lens to release the plastic clip. I then slid the lens out forward. Some have said they used a butter knife with a piece of cloth to protect the finish. Mine came out easily and took only a couple of minutes. The owners manual says to let the dealer replace them! What a joke!

I believe I learned how to do this from a thread on this board.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. It was very easy, however that said, I like the idea of just pushing the lens cap either forward or backward to release the spring hold-downs. I took the cover off in the wheel well, which took all of perhaps 2 minutes and then released the clips. The bulb popped right in and the whole thing didn't take a total of 5 minutes.

Thanks again,

JJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts