Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, <br><br>
<br><br>
does anybody have any info on replacing the factory radio on a 92' 500SL? I was thinking of just replacing the raio but an installer guy told me that since it comes with an amp that I would have o replace the whole audio system including the speaker is this true or can I just replace one component?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With cable kit BNA-MB3.1432

you may run your new head unit through the existing wiring and sound system. To order call Becker at 888 423 3537 x209.<p>pool-138-89-106-4.mad.east.verizon.net

·
Registered
'94 SL500
26 Posts
'94 500SL

Is it really true that you can run a aftermarket head unti through the BOSE AMP/Speakers without any BS? I was reading differenty. I am very interested in replacing my head unit, but I want to avoid redoing the whole car/system.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,897 Posts
I don't know any specifics of your car; but cars that I owned dating from that vintage and having Bose audio systems had equalization curves for the car programmed into the head unit. Bose would provide the amp & speakers, and design equalization for the manufacturer's choice of HU (Bose didn't make the HU itself). Replacing the HU could result in unsatisfactory equalization.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts