Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be replacing my leaking E.H.A. valve in my 4.2 litre 1990 420SEL. How do I determine if I need to do any adjusting to the appropriate adjusting screw before installing the new valve?
Thanx
Ed Rektor

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Only way to Really make sure the EHA is spot on is to install a 2nd O2 bung and run a stand alone air fuel ratio meter.. Otherwise it's mostly guess work as setting the lamda @ idle is just that, setting it @ idle.

This will take care of your mixture for the most part, but I've seen quite a few car be pretty far from ideal when set up as such.

Jonathan

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,112 Posts
I will be replacing my leaking E.H.A. valve in my 4.2 litre 1990 420SEL. How do I determine if I need to do any adjusting to the appropriate adjusting screw before installing the new valve?
Thanx
Ed Rektor
Have you tried a forum search? The archive has a wealth of information.

Please click 'User CP' on the top tool bar, and complete your profile with a location and model of your car.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice. MB produced different, and region / Country specific versions of our cars.

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts