Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to change driver side airbag module, specifically the center connector? There is a black cable with a yellow connector that hooks up to the module, I cannot remove from the old module. Do I need a special tool?

Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing driverside airbag on CLK 320

Thank you, the pictures were very helpful.

One more questions, would you know where the airbag sensor module is located?

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
Thank you, the pictures were very helpful.

One more questions, would you know where the airbag sensor module is located?
The restraint systems control unit is located at the area behind/below the ashtray.

Would you let us know what you are after?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replacing driverside airbag CLK 320

Thanks for the reply.

We bought the car at auction, the airbag had deployed and we are changing it. The replacement bag came with a module so we didn't know if it should be replaced too?

·
Registered
2 Posts
what model and year clk320 , is it the clk 320 w08 or clk320 w209.
on the w209 there is a yellow plug which you lift the orange lock clip and slide the grey lock clip back and then you can pull yellow plug out, the same aplies to the green plug these are both the airbag plugs. the black one which has three wires red black and white is the command plug which just pull out, this is the feed for your menu buttons on both sides of the steering wheel. i my self require the black plastic circuit that the command plug and menu buttons go into can anybody help , when this circuit goes half your buttons or all become inopreative due to circuit brakeing down, mercedes say it is a complete airbag unit.
regards giovanni

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bif Powell did a writeup some time back. Based on his writeup, all you need is a flat head screwdriver. These are copies of his photos -
Old thread, new question. After the cover on the airbag connector is pried up with a screwdriver, how is the connector removed from the airbag? Twisted, pried up, thoughtful meditation?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts