Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping I might be able to replace my cassette /radio/6 stacker with a 6 stacker cd/mp3 player in the car. I wanted a head unit with GPS and a six stacker in the rear that plays cd/mp3. I have a 2000 clk it has the current head unit and also a space under the same size as the head unit which is for storage. So I can have a double size has anyone done this mod and if so can you perhaps give me a heads up on how and what brand of deck to look out for.
Thanks in advance.
:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
a 2din headunit is as big as your current.. i mean you have headunits that are the normal size and had units that are double size ( for example a 2 din headunit is your current one and the bigger one is i.e. a original mercedes navigadion system with a color screen).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a 2din headunit is as big as your current.. i mean you have headunits that are the normal size and had units that are double size ( for example a 2 din headunit is your current one and the bigger one is i.e. a original mercedes navigadion system with a color screen).
Ok the space I have is 2 units if I include the storage space which is the same size as the original head unit. I have seen a kenwood unit that would fit but it's $3k here in oz cd,mp3,dvd, sat nav, touch screen just too hyped for me when all i want is cd,mp3 and sat nav I went to the mb dealer but they don't have anything my thoughts were maybe I could get a eurovox or something German sounding

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey mate you should have a look at the new JVC stuff lovely gear, Sat Nav, DVD, Ipod, we bought one for our CLK 430 which recently got totalled on the Monash freeway, talk to Mercedes Benz Paint and Panel in Sth Melb though they've now sold the wreck to Pickles Auctions. The unit was only 4 months old and we'd added onto it with a digital TV unit and rear camera, top gear we were very happy with it, you may be able to score a bargain. Good Luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey mate you should have a look at the new JVC stuff lovely gear, Sat Nav, DVD, Ipod, we bought one for our CLK 430 which recently got totalled on the Monash freeway, talk to Mercedes Benz Paint and Panel in Sth Melb though they've now sold the wreck to Pickles Auctions. The unit was only 4 months old and we'd added onto it with a digital TV unit and rear camera, top gear we were very happy with it, you may be able to score a bargain. Good Luck

that sounds good ^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts