Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace my antenna this weekend, but unfoortunately a piece of the old antenna broke off at the bottom. So, I am going to have to fish it out. Has anyone had this happen before. I am wondering how difficult it is to get out. I believe I have to go through the trunk from underneth. Do I have to open the motor? Any guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
hasn't happened to me.. but im thinking of shaving off the antenna and putting in a better smaller one... cuz that sticks out.. :( tell us how your transformation comes along

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Hey Nate! You can buy on EBay the whole antenna and new motor real cheap! I ordered one for a friends MB and he said was easy install!![;)][;)][;)][;)]

Smokie

·
Registered
6 Posts
I replaced the rubber bushings on my antenna without any problem (91 300e). Antenna had to come out.

Removed interior trunk panel.
1. Removed plastic fastener (don't remember details or where).
2. Started at tailight, rolling and folding panel while pulling out.
3. Once out, all is visible.

Removed antenna
1. One bolt/nut (i think - old memory/short retention)

While you are in there, check/tighten grounding lug bolt; its where all those brown wires join.

I pulled an automatic antenna apart once and don't recall any mysteries inside. You may be able to pop it open and remove the broken piece and check for broken gear teeth.

Hope that helps.

Jiii

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Antenna replaced. It took less then a minute. One thing checked off my list:). Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
'89 260E
18 Posts
did u just slide in the antenna? interested to know how u did it, as I have to also fix/replace mine as well...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, you just turn on the radio and pull out the old antenna, and then turn radio off and slide in the new one. There is a plastic cable that has to catch which pulls it in, you have to push it in with a little force, but it catches pretty easy. Then just tighten the bolt and you are done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts