·
R/C107 Moderator
31,602 Posts
Most likely dealer only. Same through 1989. 107 831 02 88

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
7,143 Posts
Most likely dealer only. Same through 1989. 107 831 02 88
Uh... some years only had two vents, ie earlier 107's with clock in the center, and later 107's with outside temp in center. How do the part numbers resolve in this case? OP picture indicates he needs all three.

I had mine off of my 560 without taking dash off:

1. remove radio and entire center console (helps if driver seat out if armrest-equipped).
2 remove instrument nacelle
3. remove glove box

rest is working blind...

Good Luck.

·
7,143 Posts
...Does the 560 only have 2 outlets?
All 560's I have ever seen personally, have the 2-outlet with the outside temp gauge in the center... Can't speak for all, but the FSM addresses it as a supplement, as if to imply this was a inclusive change for the 107.048.

I forgot about the other thread.

Putting this thing on without removing the dash is a royal bitch... at least it was in my case. I removed it during the pod servicing I was doing on the center vents.

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
Yes ,it can be done but it is really fiddly. (read that as PIA). You need to remove the glove box and its also probably easier if you take off the fascia, that way you have access for both hands. You need to be careful undoing the connecting rod for the vent flap. I broke the plastic base on the flap by tightening it too hard. The rod passes through the rubber "trident" grommet. Once you release the rod , removing the grommet is easy. Getting the new one on is not so easy. Just bloody fiddly. Good luck.

·
7,143 Posts
How hard is it to get the dash out instead?
Yeowww!

John Roncallo and others have posted (Strife?)... Kinda involved, but doable. Usual result is, if dash not cracked, it might be before you're done.

There is a rather good set of directions in the FSM.

·
7,143 Posts
Yes ,it can be done but it is really fiddly. (read that as PIA). You need to remove the glove box and its also probably easier if you take off the fascia, that way you have access for both hands. You need to be careful undoing the connecting rod for the vent flap. I broke the plastic base on the flap by tightening it too hard. The rod passes through the rubber "trident" grommet. Once you release the rod , removing the grommet is easy. Getting the new one on is not so easy. Just bloody fiddly. Good luck.
see post #3 http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1623316-replacing-air-vent-boot-77-450slc.html#post5003953

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
Dash Out

How hard is it to get the dash out instead?
WAY HARDER.

Steering wheel off
Instrument cluster out
Seats out
Glovebox out (for access)
Facia off
Front carpets and courtesy covers (under the dash) off
Transmission console out
vac lines/electrics disconnected

Must keep labelled bags for each set of screws etc and a detailed record (written notes) of what you did.

Don't do it just for the face grommet. If you have other reasons then that's different. Allow 1 week out and 3 days back. You always find other things to fix/rejuvenate/clean. Then maybe consider taking out the heater box and replacing all the foam on the flaps . Its a big job.( more days)
If you do decide to do it , let me know and I'll give you some tips on what I found difficult.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,602 Posts
have some way that i talk directly with some of u,no chat in this forum ,and i have many questyons,thanks
Please complete your profile with location.

No. There is not a private chat room on this forum. The forum is the chat room for questions regarding your 107. The answers to many may already be in the EGv107 Sticky. There is also the search function.:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts