Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'95 E 220 Convertible
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Long time havent been here. Its time to replace my mass air flow meter, got brand new original from Bosch for $180

Just would like to know if I change the flow meter, is it compulsory to make some sort of system reset ?

If its only replacement, I can do by myself, but if needs reset, gonna visit mechanic probably

·
Registered
95 E320 Special Edition
95 Posts
I'm not really sure what you mean by resetting.
It is a plug and play device so if you plug in the new one it will work. If your check engine light is on, hold the #2 button for 10 seconds with your key turned all the way to the right (without the engine being on) and the codes will be reset.

Don't take it to a mechanic for this job. Super easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 E320 Estate
63 Posts
yeah,i did mine too some time ago,very easy. something else you'll want to do too before installing and running engine,...clean the air-box very thoroughly(down to the tiniest speck),both sides,and use a brand new OEM filter. for the bottom side,you can use a damp,clean rag until you get every last tiny bit of debris(there can be quite a bit,depending).

also,i am not a believer in K&N oil filters(including the claim of increased performance/HP),not when compared to a well designed OEM filter with massive surface area like MB uses,a large box and drawing in cool air from a correct spot(as opposed to hotter air from under hood like so many people do with other vehicles). if you use too little oil,it may affect it's filtering capabilities. if you use too much oil(which is easy to do),it can affect negatively the MAF.

MB OEM filters are some of the best i've ever seen on any vehicle,including their transmission filters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts