Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 404.1
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm having a little trouble replacing one of the e-brake cables on my 404. As you can see in the picture I'm having trouble removing the end of the cable terminating in the brake backing. Now judging from the new cable I purchased I'm assuming these cables pull out of the brake backing. Mine of course will not pull out the back and even giving it some shots with a punch is not persuading it to move. I've got some PB Blaster on it now hoping that overnight it will loosen up but my questions to everyone are am I going about removing this cable the wrong way? I've looked in the manual and at the components and I think I'm correct. Has anyone else run into this same situation and have any helpful hits for me?

Thanks guys hope you all had a good weekend,
Braden

Attachments

·
Premium Member
UNIMOG
1,036 Posts
HEAT HEAT HEAT, I also soak them thoroughly with PB Blaster a few days prior. They usually come right out then!

·
Registered
68 404.1
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
success...the heat heat heat approach worked great...boy that thing was in there good, I cleaned out the insides with a battery terminal cleaner and put some chalking around the new one to hopefully keep some of the water from getting down and in there.

cheers,
Braden

1 - 7 of 7 Posts