Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent life events force me to resign as Moderator. Nothing to do with recent events here on the board beside I have not got time (nor heart) to deal with extra crap right now.

This is ya'lls board so leave it to ya'll to suggest a Moderator.

I reccomend TechMogogy. He has offered Mod assistance before.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Sorry to hear that, George.

I hope that you are able to dig it out and get things back on track.
Thanks for all of your work over the years. It is a great forum.

Best Of luck with it all.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sorry to hear things are so going well for you Coach. I have enjoyed having you as the moderator! I am sure you will still be around, right?

As for replacements, I don't know Techmogogy, but I ran a search for his posts and there are month long gaps or greater between them - how much is he actually on the forum? *EDIT* He posted below - he's like most of us and doesn't post on everything that comes across the forum.

I don't want to make enemies! But some folks have been real good about offering up their great experiences, and do so regularly. They are in no particular order either (? means I am not sure of your first name), and the list grows with everyone's input:
.......................................................TALLY
Ben - Merz-Ben........................................3
KC - DokaTD
? - Monstermog1964 (withdrew himself)
Trevor - tkv000 (My personal choice)...........5
Charles - tmodler
? - TechMOGogy.......................................3
? - myunimog (withdrew himself)
? - TRUKTOR............................................1
? - sae8425..............................................1

I'd also say Roberto, Jay Couch, Von, and Bill Caid - but they are extremely busy except Bill, he just has TOO MUCH free time! I am a newbie though, and these guys have all given good advice to me.

Who ever excepts the post, my condolences! :D

Bryan

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sorry to hear things are so going well for you Coach. I have enjoyed having you as the moderator! I am sure you will still be around, right?

As for replacements, I don't know Techmogogy, but I ran a search for his posts and there are month long gaps or greater between them - how much is he actually on the forum?

I don't want to make enemies! But some folks have been real good about offering up their great experiences, and do so regularly. These are in no particular order either...

Ben - Merz-Ben
KC - DokaTD
? - Monstermog1964
Trevor - tkv000 (My personal choice)
Charles - tmodler

I'd also say Roberto, Jay Couch, Von, and Bill Caid - but they are extremely busy except Bill, he just has TOO MUCH free time! I am a newbie though, and these guys have all given good advice to me.

Who ever excepts the post, my condolences! :D

Bryan
Sorry to hear you go Coach....I have enjoyed talking to you in person in the past...Maybe you can be a Assistant Mod...!

As far as who would be a great Mod...My personal choice....would be Merz-ben or Trevor...Tkv000. In my experiences and knowledge I believe these two would be great Moderators. They both exhibit the levelheadeness and patience I see to be a great moderator! Maybe we need two to share the responsibilities...? I appreciate the nodd but will havet to pass....maybe next time. Whoever we all choose let us not forget our beginnings and our old endings....!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry to hear the news Coach. I have appreciated your sincere efforts to balance issues. It is not an easy thing to do.

You will be hard to replace. Thank you for your dedication. Hope you stay involved in the forum.

KM

·
1,659 Posts
I am here everyday, usually multiple times per day but i don't post just to up my post count.
With that said I just offered to help George out.
I have no vested interest and I would be the last to say I know more than anyone else on here (actually I know there are many that know more than me) and with that said... not sure that is really a mods job.
This is a great forum and I am a member open to however this board wants to elect or pick or whatever a new mod.
Really, I am just sad to see Coachgeo go and just want this forum to continue to be a place where I can come and learn, share and talk Mogs.

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to hear the news Coach. I have appreciated your sincere efforts to balance issues. It is not an easy thing to do.

You will be hard to replace. Thank you for your dedication. Hope you stay involved in the forum.

KM
Balance..... what do you expect from a gymnast LOL

Will stay involved. I plug Mog's every chance I get. might even accept being a sub Mod if ya'ld have me. Just cant handle being #1 Mod right now.

Got a job interview tomorrow AM with undoubtedly one of the top Gymnastic Programs in US. Assume the interview will not be for competitive coaching but recreation coaching and or Admin level??

Wish me luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
George you've done a good and moderate (no pun) job on this forum. I can't even imagine the time you've taken from your life. I appreciate it and hope for the best in your near and far future.
Hang in there,
Chas

·
Registered
651 Posts
I am here everyday, usually multiple times per day but i don't post just to up my post count.
With that said I just offered to help George out.
I have no vested interest and I would be the last to say I know more than anyone else on here (actually I know there are many that know more than me) and with that said... not sure that is really a mods job.
This is a great forum and I am a member open to however this board wants to elect or pick or whatever a new mod.
Really, I am just sad to see Coachgeo go and just want this forum to continue to be a place where I can come and learn, share and talk Mogs.
Now that I see your avatar, I do recognize it. I'll add you to the short list on page one...

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Feels sad to see you go , George.
Thanks for all your time and effort put into this forum.
Hope you stick around ,even as a little Santa's Helper, I mean sub Mod.
Good luck with that interview !

All the nominees for new moderator are great.
I would think of Techmology though, as he would make the smoothest transition,
having already some experience in running this forum,
and we know he is willing to continue this.

·
Registered
583 Posts

Will stay involved. I plug Mog's every chance I get. might even accept being a sub Mod if ya'ld have me. Just cant handle being #1 Mod right now.

Got a job interview tomorrow AM with undoubtedly one of the top Gymnastic Programs in US. Assume the interview will not be for competitive coaching but recreation coaching and or Admin level??

Wish me luck!!!!
All the best Geo ! Prioritizing your life is some times a bitter pill to swallow...

Cheers,
gb

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Best of Luck!

Wish me luck!!!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts