Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 slk 230
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I wanted to replace the fog light on 99 slk, the plug was melted on the bulb, also the section that plugs to the fog light housing the end of the wire is corroded it broke where it is soldered to the bullet connector, are there any vendors sell these parts other than the dealer?

shaunt

·
Registered
98 red 230 slk
454 Posts
Dont know what the dealer wants but Car-part.com shows lkq in webster or Linders inc. in worcester as having fog lamps for 50 to 60 bucks. U can always drive by and take a look. Others around country will cut the plug and send it with the lamp if you ask.

·
Registered
1999 slk 230
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont know what the dealer wants but Car-part.com shows lkq in webster or Linders inc. in worcester as having fog lamps for 50 to 60 bucks. U can always drive by and take a look. Others around country will cut the plug and send it with the lamp if you ask.
Hi thank you for your response, the fixture and lens is fine, just the plug that plugs to the bulb is melted and the two connecting bullets broke where the wire is soldered. that is why I was asking to see if there was any aftermarket company sold those wires and connectors.
shaunt

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Have a couple of fogs from a pre facelift you can have for postage cost - one is perfect and one has slightly corroded reflector - which side do you need? - good for butchering to get what you need

Oberoi

·
Registered
1999 slk 230
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a couple of fogs from a pre facelift you can have for postage cost - one is perfect and one has slightly corroded reflector - which side do you need? - good for butchering to get what you need

Oberoi
I always wanted to go down under to Sidney, ths could be a very good reason for me to go to Austalia, an tell my sister in Sidney why I came ti Sidney.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts