Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 S500, 07 S550 AMG
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the conductor plate because it was going in limp mode throwing all sorts of codes.

Now I need to program it. The dealer wants $300 for programming plus a wait of over 2 weeks to bring the car in.
That is a long time without having a car to go to work.

I took it to a local mechanic with STAR and he tried to read old unit (it worked) and apply changes to the new TCM which failed. He said he has done over 20 conductor plate replacement and this is the only time he had a problem. STRANGE

I also have STAR Xentry but no Oonline or offline programming available.

Does anyone know what is the process of programming the TCM from a virgin unit?
Can I do this without online access?
Also, do I have to use the old part? Can the dealer program without the old part?

a bulletin would work perfect.

·
Registered
85 300SL Euro,97 SL320,95 S420,07 S550
1,598 Posts
You need to bring it to the dealer I had the same thing done he needs to have access and pay for a special program which I doubt he has.
You need to read all the info from the new plate that will be send to Germany and then you get a code back which you need to marry the new plate to your transmission.
I'm wondering where you got the new conductor plate from as Mercedes will not sell it to you only to shops

·
Registered
2001 210.082 +494, 2008 221.176 +494
154 Posts
Depending on the model of TCU you have, the 722.9 sometimes does not require data from previous one. Others have critical shift pressure values and these are programmed during production in conjunction with the valve body. If you have one of these, you need to replace it with a valve body as a pair. Otherwise the shifts will never feel right even after adaptation.

As you likely know, this unit is a TRP, and requires online access to Daimler to redocument the VeDoc, download the flash data, and carry out SCN coding.

A dealer or qualified independent with official tools is likely your only option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts