Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am receiving an r12/1 and r12/2 code with my srs light on. This points to the seat belt pretensioner on both seats. I was able to pull the seats out, and test the wiring, but when i try to get the pretensioner out it is encased in a thick aluminum housing that is welded to the frame of the seat. I understand that this is required to make sure that the pretensioner has a sturdy hold if triggered. My question is how do i get it out to test the resistance of the pretensioner. It doesn't look possible without taking the front leather and padding off of the seat. Has anyone done this before?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved. For anyone else that is going through this, i found that the only way to remove the seat belt tensioner is to start in the back of the seat, remove the plastic cover that goes across the back(it's easiest to remove the seat from the car first). the cover has two screws at the bottom of the panel. Then you have to remove the headrest, and the front part of the seat leather. Once the leather and seat cushion are removed you can remove the tensioner. it has one screw protruding out of the back and three sets of wires, then it comes out from the front of the seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts