Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 clk 430
43 Posts
Not wanting to highjack your thread, But what brand shocks are you putting on yours? Can anyone recommend a good shock that won't break the bank. I am going to adding lowering soprings at the same time,

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG Mod'd
1,235 Posts
I put Bilstein HDs in the back and MUCH better handling, you have to make sure the bottom bolt on the rear shocks are tight or you will hear a clunking noise that you MUST fix. If you lower the car get Bilstein sports in the front and back if you can

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
you can release the top of the rear shock thru the trunk. remove the floor liner, the plastic tray that covers the electrics, then the plastic strip right behind the seat that has the tie down loops on either side, then with the back seats down, pull out the plastic rivets that hold the side trunk liner and peel it toward the center of the trunk. that will expose the top of the rear shock. remove the nuts and rubber washer. next go underneath the car and remove the bottom nuts and remove the shock. I have never done the fronts but it is pretty straight forward. do the tops first etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.