Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300 CD
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a repair manual for my 300 CD. I have had no luck finding any in stores in my area, but they seem to be quite easy to find on the internet. That is, the Chilton one and the Haynes one. I have had Haynes ones for other cars and didn't find them to be that great. How have you guys found these to be? Is the Chilton or the Haynes better?

·
Registered
1983 230 E (sold) , 1991 600 SEL (sold) , 1993 300 SE (sold)
505 Posts
Here is a link to a repair manual online but the thing is it is in german, and i think its only for gassers, hope this helps you, if not other members of the forum might find this usefuull

http://macmerc.netium.com.pl/index0.html

·
Registered
1982 300CDT
10 Posts
I just ordered and recieved the chilton, and was disapointed as to how generic it is....found the same with Hayes too.

·
Registered
1991 560SEL, 1984 300DT
45 Posts
check out alldata.com you can sign up for their online manuals for the W123. they are a LOT better than chilton or haynes. I also think Mercedes Benz usa sells manuals, check out their web site.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,972 Posts
Get a factory manual its well worth it.. Cd versions are readily available...

·
Registered
1984 300 CD
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't crazy about getting a service manual CD from Mercedes because I have a Mac and they are not Mac-compatible.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,972 Posts
300cd manuals...

I remebered you can use them on a mac.. i used them on my ibook before.. I'll check again...

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
skinnerbox.steaky.org should have them in PDF format. European versions and some gassers might not be in the list, since this is for US based models.

You can print them out individually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts