Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to find a repair manual for an 88 560SL. Would love to have the book itself but at this point I would consider a CD as long as it doesn't cover 30 models for a 30 year span. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,643 Posts
I would love to find a repair manual for an 88 560SL. Would love to have the book itself but at this point I would consider a CD as long as it doesn't cover 30 models for a 30 year span. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.
By clickng 'User CP' you can add the car mod and your location to the profile, to make it easier for members to offer advice.
MBUSA has a section for tech literature / manuals available.
Otherwise, the R107 is the correct forum for the 560SL.
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted MBUSA and they told me that they no longer have a repair manual. I did order the owner's manual but I can't seem to find a repair manual. The used car dealer who sold us the car did nothing to get it ready for sale except to give it a tune up. I took it to a shop and the list grew to $3300, we did pare it down to the criticals only and still ended paying $2200. I can do the rest of the work on the list if I had a manual.

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,693 Posts
I saw an ad either on the Flint, MI or Detroit craigslist that has a w126 for sale with the MB service manuals. You could contact them and see if they will sell just the manuals. If I come by the ad again, I will post it.
You could also go on the w126 forum and post what repairs you need done. I am sure people would be glad to send you the information you need. You can also try searching the w126 forum as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts