Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ML320
41 Posts
Looks great! :bowdown:

What was the original color? Did you have the grey bumpers?

I have a black 98 ML320 and I'm thinking about using a black gloss vinyl to cover the bumpers and grey trim. Might even try and vinyl the entire car at some point depending on how skilled I may or may not become with vinyl application...

·
Registered
1999 ML320
2,800 Posts
Michael that looks great, you don't hang around. You must have had that thing in bits. You will never be able to let go of it now. It ows you too much. Well done though.

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I kept the color original-amazon green. I was fortunate to get help from one of the autobody forums. The final day when I was cutting and buffing, my neighbour came over and looked over things and gave some advice. Super nice guy who redoes muscle cars. Has his own paint booth etc. Nice to get some confirmation on the steps you have taken.
Senoud-the bumpers were originally green like the rest of the ML.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
Did you use Rust-oleum or Krylon from Home Depot?

Just kidding. Nice job. Looks very nice. I would never have the guts to paint any of my vehicles.
Mike

·
Registered
1998 ML320
613 Posts
Just curious about the bumpers myself. Mine are gray now but Mercedes said they only show the green code on my cars info. Was same color bumpers an option early on? Kinda thought the bumpers on mine were repainted and the shop took the easy way out and didn't match the body color.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,117 Posts
In 98 the 320s only had gray bumpers. Not sure what color code the parts guy was looking at.

Nice work there Michael. It is a keeper for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts