Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK 320
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a complete instructionon on removal of a 2002 CLK 320 Front Door Panel ?

Anyone with MB CD please look up and post pdf file. (Exengineer ?)

Thank you very much in advance.

Need to replace window regular...

·
Registered
2002 CLK 320
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks .. I was just wondering if there was a illustration type of instruction. Like the one you did on removal of rear stea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ex-engineer
i just wana salute u, i used the pdf guide you posted

and i changed the door speaker, though i kept the panel hanging coz i was afraid to remove the door handle

much thanx bro

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 CAB
29 Posts
stuck half way on door removal :(

So I am stuck at the last top part of removing my driver's side door panel (pictures below) and I cannot seem to get it off without breaking something. I am afraid I will snap a connection or plastic fastener if I lift up. Am I missing another screw or something? I need to access the door panel to take out the broken door-catch and replace it when it comes in. My car is a 2000 W208 cabriolet.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2000, CLK320 Cabriolet
192 Posts
You need to unclip the triangle for the tweeter at the top right-hand corner.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 CAB
29 Posts
thanks for the quick reply, I did remove that clip actually, it does not show well on the photo. I don't see where I can disconnect it completely from the car, but I feel like it does not need to be disconnected. I am having the worst trouble getting the plastic cover around the inside door handle to come off. The black plastic is breaking off when I try to pry it out from the bottom as the instructions indicate. any suggestions on that piece?

thanks.

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,825 Posts
Just to let you all know this old thread is still out there saving lives. I just came in from doing my passenger side door. The driver's side is still to come. ( Yes, BOTH door checks broke! Followed the PDF like clock work, reached up( with much effort) through the speaker hole after I removed it, removed the old mechanism, and inserted the new one through the speaker hole, (with much effort. Not much room to work in there, plus working by feel!) But this hole thing is doable, and just grunt work basically.

" So I am stuck at the last top part of removing my driver's side door panel (pictures below) and I cannot seem to get it off without breaking something. I am afraid I will snap a connection or plastic fastener if I lift up. Am I missing another screw or something? "

Since your post was two months ago, I sure you figured out that, yeah, its harrowing at that juncture but that you just have to "do it". I felt the same way, and suddenly, it just "popped" and it came off. Be mindful of the wires connected. I did not unhoof the cable assembly, but did unhook the courtesy light at the bottom and the seat controls wire, (I got lucky on that one. It unhooked itself during the removal and I never new it. I could have broken it.)

Casualty report; One plastic tab and the tab to my triangle speaker trying to get it seated back juuussst right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts