Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For fuel bank trim malfuntion. I have checked the vacumn lines and everything s solid. Any other idea's? Is it just a common thing with a pulleyed car? I clear it and it comes back withtin 10 miles of driving.

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
When you did the pulley, did you put the higher pressure FPR, I think it's 4 bar? Vacuum leaks are tricky since some cracks/splits are so fine or hidden you don't see them. You can run a propane torch along the vacuum lines (not lit) and if the propane gets sucked up into a vacuum leak you'll hear the idle raise up. You said you replaced the MAF right, or at least cleaned it. Also, the a/f mix is measured by the O2 sensors. It's possible that the O2 sensor is causing this but not bad enough to trigger an O2 sensor failure. Is your car running alright? Also, disconnect the MAF and see if you get that code.

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
patsslk said:
I had the p0170, and a replaced MAF corrected it. Cleaning did not work for me.

Not common with pulleyed cars. Maf is always the 1st place to start IMO, then Lambdas etc.
Some mafs dont respond to cleaning, others do.
Steve Johnsons issues were all Lambda.

Bazzle

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,

I pulled the MAF wire and only got 2 DTC's for MAF and IAT whichi'm guessing is incorparated in the MAF and expected. No P0170 though so I think it's the MAF. I hooked it back up and have been through 6 ignition cycles without the DTC coming back but i'm sure it will. Off to buy a new MAF from MB.

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
00 ML55, 98 SLK230
79 Posts
I bought a new MAF but while I was waiting for it to show up I tried cleaning
the MAF as the others suggested. I used electrical contact cleaner and after a few restart cycles it fixed my problem. So try that if you haven't already.

If that doesn't work I still have the new brand Bosch MAF if you want it. Don't get it from the dealer it is way too expensive. Good luck.

Derek

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I may need it eventually anyhow. Please PM me a price.

Aaron Lephart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts