Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 W211 E320
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going "home" to Scottsdale, AZ for the weekend and since I'm going "home" to family and friends, I thought I'd rent a NICE car. So, Beverly Hills Rent-a-Car offers C300's (their least expensive Benz) and normally they're $149 a day but I talked them down to $89 so it's not quite so bad. Considering what I'd normally pay for most any other car through one of the big name rental agencies it's really a decent price.

They offer S550's too, but I didn't feel like paying over $500 PER DAY... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! no thanks.

I'll post a review on what I think of the car afterwards. The only Benz newer than mine that I've EVER driven was an '04 C240 (my friends) which I basically jacked from him while he left it running in the bank parking lot (all in good fun, obviously) and probably drove it through the parking lot and stopped, so it wasn't really a good test of the car.

I'm excited to see how they're doing in the quality department (as well as other departments, too) with their new vehicles

·
Registered
current fleet: 1996 s500; 1997 BMW 328ic; 2000 Nissan Frontier; 1966 AC Cobra
279 Posts
Dont know if they still have this -

Budget Rent a Car had an exotic car division, at least at one time.

If you really want to flash - they rented Ferarri's. My wife rented me one for a long weekend. It was expensive, but less than the $500 per day for the s500.

They wanted $275 per day and $0.90 per mile. I talked them into some free miles

I was all set to go, and the cowboy that had the Ferarri before me broke the transmission, so I did not get the car. They tried to get me to tranfer to several selections of Porches, a couple of Jags to choose from, and they even tried a Corvette.

Well, after anticipating a Ferarri, I did not opt for any of the above and just drove my BMW for the long weekend - which was fine.

So, unless you are committed to the MB, you may check to see what other options you have .

have fun,
Ed in SC

·
Registered
2005 W211 E320
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i'm just eager to see what their new stuff was like... i'll try other brands another time. I'm very interested in Jag's too. You can rent those for a reasonable price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts