Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
07 E63 AMG Black on Black
446 Posts
I installed the Eisenmann Sport Performance 4x120x77 mm (Oval : AMG Style) on my E500. Installed with little hassle and just rear of the OEM converter. Sound is truly improved, if you like the deep muffled small block rumble. Will definitely increase sound level inside of car at idle and especially full throttle, much like a Mustang GT. Stainless makes for advanced install, not going to do it with your average muffler shop. They are pricey at $2800.00, but are a value to add if you want to get some free horsepower and good looks. You will need to either go with the E55 rear bumper or notch the stock unit. We tried a couple of fits without the alteration, but muffer clearances are tight. I installed the units at my shop since I have the TIG welder but would not recommend same for anyone without SS welding experience.

The "performance" exhaust system is then again louder still. A tad bit much for my taste, especially on an E class that you might want to pull into the garage without setting off car alarms. I came across a set installed on a E500 up in Reno, in a parking garage. When the kid started his E320, it sounded like the only muffler was the Cat converer.

The outlet I have used several times is at:
http://www.eisenhaus.com/main.php

·
Registered
2004 E500
43 Posts
I have the Remus on my 2004 E500, I love it. Install was easy, great instructions and easy to follow. The sound is louder inside and out. But buying a performance exhaust system this is to be expected, and the buyer needs to know this going in. I get lots of compliments on how nice and powerful the car sounds.

·
Registered
2004 E500
43 Posts
I have the Remus on my 2004 E500, I love it. Install was easy, great instructions and easy to follow. The sound is louder inside and out. But buying a performance exhaust system this is to be expected, and the buyer needs to know this going in. I get lots of compliments on how nice and powerful the car sounds.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Sedan
299 Posts
As a secondary note, REMUS exhaust is quite beautiful. Very well made and fits perfect. If you use the autoshift mode vs. Drive(D), you will like the freed-up power. It's not restricted like the stock exhaust. Engine loves it. Idle is about 600-700 now vs. 1000 before. Only complaint is the rough sound from 1000 to 2000 rpm, especially in Drive. Engine needs to be at 3000 rpm for it to really shine.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Sedan
299 Posts
I bought my REMUS exhaust on Ebay from a dealer in the Southern CA area. I also found a few w/ good prices in CDN. I like mine but proboably will upgrade to Carlsson soon. Stay tuned. Oh, cost is like 1/2 the all stainless models like Carlsson, Eisenmann, Brabus. $1000-1200. $200 to install. You cannot save the old/OEM mufflers so it's all or nothing.

Attachments

·
Registered
06 E350
34 Posts
Anybody know the difference in HP or is it all just a nicer sound? I am researching a replacement for the stock exhaust in my 06 E350. A little bump in power would be very welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts